Please note that the client must apply for their marriage certificate in the province in which they were married. Specific terms of applying for a Marriage Certificate are subject to change.
- Go to https://www.orgforms.gov.on.ca/eForms/start.do
- Scroll to the bottom of this page where it says, “Begin Application” and follow the directions.
General Information About Obtaining a Marriage Certificate:
- Marriage Certificate Costs: Certificate (7″ x 8.25″) – $15.00
- Certified Copy (8.5″ x 14″) – $22.00
- Confirmation letter (five year search) – $15.00
- Delayed Registration – $22.00
- Amendment to original registration – $22.00
Delivery Timeline When Ordering Marriage Certificates (provided that the marriage is registered) Please see “Service Guarantee Terms” on the website:
- Online Service – 15 business days plus delivery
- Premium Online Service – 5 business days (including delivery)
- Regular Service – 6 to 8 weeks plus delivery
- Expedited Service – 10 days plus delivery
- Emergency Service (Toronto Office Only) – 2 days plus delivery
Who is entitled to apply for a marriage certificate?
There are restrictions on who may apply for a marriage certificate. The parties to the marriage, children of the marriage, parents of the parties to the marriage and legally authorized representatives acting on behalf of these individuals are entitled to apply. Authorized representatives are required to provide proof of authorization.